Tuesday, August 19, 2008

i just got back from vacay..and when i say "just" i mean that only minutes ago i rolled out of the car. i am currently blogging at bryan's house. it was a REALLY great getaway. we(bryan and i) first went to lawrence and stayed there for a day just to walk around and do some shopping. lawrence is a really cool city...it reminds me a little of fayetteville i would say, but more like "old" fayetteville when the music scene still had clunk and old jr's. we then proceeded to kc and stayed with some of our friends there...really fun great people. on friday night we just hung out with them and went to get some delish burgers and a couple of drinks. on sat, we went to worlds of fun with the couple we were staying with and another couple that they're friends with. yayyyy lots of rollercoasters!! we got some kind of after 4 special...it was cheaper and cooler and less crowded! i really like riding rollercoasters at night. i think the mamba is still my favorite, we even rode it once with arms up and eyes closed the entire way. however, they have a newer one called the patriot that i also thoroughly enjoyed...and the patriotic colors also had me bursting with pride that america is my place of residency. go america! sunday was a chill day, and that night we took the couple we stayed with to an indian restaurant. when i first tried indian food, i wasn't too sure about it...now i LOVE it! i wish there was a good indian place around here. monday night, bryan and i had a date night at a sushi place called kona and went to a concert(my morning jacket) afterwards....it was delish sushi, and the creme brulee was to die for...and the show was AWESOME...loved it. we stopped and had a winsteads' burger on the way back that was also very good...and on the way home, we did a little wine tasting a macadoodles. tonight, pizza and a movie perhaps? i'm not ready to go back to the real world. i have to start back to class on thurs and back to work fri, and class again on sat. so i had better REALLY enjoy my last day off. on that note, i'm going to go get to enjoying. ciao!

4 comments:

sonja said...

sounds like a super fun vacay! i don't think i could ever ride the mamba with my arms in the AND my eyes closed. however, i close my eyes when i get scared but i don't know why because i think that makes it scarier. i remember the 1st time we had indian food in boston! i think curry is pretty good as long as it's not too spicy!

Carrie said...

I REMEMBER the first time we had indian food in boston too! i was totally expecting something that would have been made by 'native indians' - corn on the cob, a turkey? i was very confused, but it was very delicious. and probably my favorite food right now. the closest indian restaurant that i know of is in tulsa. i think we went there with stewart and annie once.

i'm so glad you had a good vacation! i hope your classes went okay today.

Heather said...

That sounds like a fun vacation! And the first time I had Indian food was in New York and OH MY GOODNESS!!! Seriously, I LOOOVE it!!! I am a curry-fanatic.

I hope your classes went well today!

Carrie, what is the name of the Indian restaurant in Tulsa? Aaron and I have been wanting some for 2.5 years now and there is just nowhere to get it around here.

Arato Girl said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog! Is there any possibility of breaking the 7-month silence? ;-)